Classic Query Letters part 1: Green Eggs and Ham

Dear Sir or Madam,

Do you like eggs and ham? Would you still like them if they were green?

The un-named, dog-like protagonist of my 72-page rhyming picture book sure doesn’t. But for reasons which are never revealed another dog-like character, named Sam-I-Am, thinks he should try them.

As Sam-I-Am and the somehat disturbing un-named protagonist argue, the silly situation simply gets sillier and sillier. Sam-I-Am suggests eating the green eggs and ham on a boat, a train, a car, etc… But the admittedly creepy un-named protagonist always says no — until he learns a valuable lesson about trying new things.

By the way, to help kids learn to read about 75% of the text is just repitition of the other 25%. Moms and Dads will really enjoy reading “I will not in a box” over and over, as you can well imagine.

I know it’s too early to discuss the cover, but I’m hoping the whole thing will be flourescent orange.

Sincerely,

Mr. Seuss, M.F.A.

Advertisements

One Response

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: