Are you taking part in THE poll?
Fuse #8 is holding a poll to create a list of the Top 100 picture books. To enter you email her a list of your Top 10.
Here’s my list. Tough to do. I hate leaving out certain books. More on that at the bottom…
1) The Giant Jam Sandwich, by John Vernon Lord and Jane Burroway —!!!!! NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON!!!!!!
2) Shaker Lane, by the Provensens
3) George & Martha, by James Marshall
4) Our Animal Friends at Maple Hill Farm, by the Provensens
5) Small Pig, Arnold Lobel (Early Reader?)
6) Where Everyday Things Come From, by A.W. Watson
7) Where’s Wallace, by Hilary Knight
8) What do People Do All Day, by Richard Scarry
9) The Big Orange Splot, by Pinkwater
10) I Am a Bunny, by Richard Scarry and Ole Rissom
Here are some that got left out:
I am a Bear, by J. Miller and Ole Rissom — I HATE leaving this one off my top 10.
Don’t let the Pigeon Drive the Bus — This book is the bomb, but I figure others will vote for it. Hopefully?
Goodnight Moon — Ditto
Bears in the Night — this would have been in the top 10 but I think Fuse will classify it as an Early Reader.
Sock Monkey Goes to Hollywood, Sock Monkey Boogie Woogie, Sock Monkey Rides Again, Bee-Wigged, Itty Bitty — It didn’t seem quite right to vote for Cece’s books. But they are AWESOME are they not?
Alexander and the Horrible…. — What a book! Maybe I need to rearrange the list and get it up there. I think Small Pig will count as an Early Reader, so Alexander may get an upgrade!
Filed under: Uncategorized |