The party for Cece’s new book was great! I mean really great! It’s like the polar opposite of a lonely chain bookstore signing.
The first photos I’ve uploaded are here: http://cecebell.wordpress.com/2008/11/23/bee-wigged-party-was-great/ .
Steve Altis’s more comprehensive take on it is here: http://plasticpumpkins.blogspot.com/2008/11/bee-book-and-candy.html
(Note: Cupcake photos are especially worth a look. Cece made 153 Jerry Bee cupcakes!
There are several items of note for this blog:
1) Tiffany Trent, of Hallowmere fame, attended!
2) Steve Altis of Plastic Pumpkins fame attended! And he has his own take on it here: http://plasticpumpkins.blogspot.com/2008/11/bee-book-and-candy.html
3) Daisy of SWEET DAISY”S NASTY POEM FAME attended! AND… She wrote us a new poem! And it’s NASTY! But I’m saving it for a Poetry Friday.
4) Two of my co-authors were there: Michael Hemphill who wrote Stonewall Hinkleman with me was tuxedoed and the emcee for the many giveaways. Mary Hill who’s writing [TOP SECRET] with me was running the craft table for awhile.
5) Not only did I bask in reflected glory all day, but a few Qwikpicks were sold and hopefully some of my new Stonewall Hinkleman bookmarks were picked up.